Monday, February 24, 2014

tattered floral key ring

Hello, hello!
I have a key ring to show you tonight.
When I saw the new cable binder rings Tim Holtz came out with I was SO excited, I used to have a key ring just like it. It's perfect for holding odd size keys like my car key on this one and the keys are super easy to attach to the ring, I really like that!
Binder rings are not just for binding!
I used my new Jumbo Tattered Florals die and cut 2 flowers and 2 leaves out of shrink plastic. I colored them with alcohol inks in cranberry, denim and bottle using an applicator felt. 
I added some design on the leaves with a Prima Finnabair texture stamp and Archival jet black ink and on the denim flower I used a pencil eraser for the dots and jet black ink. 
I punched a hole in a flower petal with a 1/2" circle punch. I wanted a bigger hole so the flower could move freely.
Next, I shrunk the flowers and leaves with my heat tool and glued them together with E6000 glue and added the mirrored star.
There we have it, super easy to make and with all of the large dies and stamps out there, and now binder rings, cute key rings can be made!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you uploaded your project for the February challenge at The Journal? You have until the end of the month, it's all about quotes and words. 
Don't forget to use my discount code ieirisgarden for 10% off your order at Inspiration Emporium.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a good night!
From Millan.Net

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

That flower is gorgeous, love the deep rich colors, great idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...